Friday, October 10, 2008

Party Time!

We ended relatively flat. - Bob Pasani, CNBC (commenting on the Dow)

Down only a hundred points or so in the Dow is now the new benchmark of flatness. I guess that means I don't need to do another panic musical tribute. Hurray!

Anyone up for a 1978 style toga party?




Laugh now, because you clowns have been on double secret probation since the beginning of the semester. And that means one more slip up, one more mistake, and this fraternity of yours has had it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

having just returned from real life business trip to LA and only getting spot reports on the raido between sales calls makes me appreciate the destruction that belief can do for a speculator during a bear market period. Bottom callers abound and the number of financial talking heads that are confused but believe in buy and hold are never ending.
I prefer the sideline knowing that the history of these style markets is a huge warning sign to seek capital safety and knowing there will be plenty of time to pick over the equity debris created by the investor class while it may be several years away no need to hurry!!!

Stagflationary Mark said...

Anonymous,

...appreciate the destruction that belief can do...

...prefer the sideline knowing that the history of these style markets is a huge warning sign...

In attempting to comment on your comments, I've had a realization. For what it is worth, you have inspired me to describe what I see going on right now in my next post.

Something Smells Fishy