Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The "Free Lunch" Weight Loss Plan v.022

I continue to climb at least 20 extra flights of stairs each and every day.


Click to enlarge.

It doesn't look that great but... I gained weight last March too. I guess that's just par for the [seasonally adjusted] course.


Click to enlarge.

I'm down 7 pounds since this time last year. The long-term trend works for me. I originally expected it to take "3-4 years to get down to my goal". Still seems plenty doable. No pain. No gain. (Not sure that's how they intended me to view it, lol.)

I mowed the yard yesterday (first time this season). I also did some weeding today. The seasonal effects should now start working in my favor. June is when the effects really kick in though (if the last two years are any indicator).

I'm also zipping through the 20 flights of stairs. Some days I use the physical stairs (2 sessions of 10 flights each) and some I just go 4 minutes continuously on the stair-stepper (50 feet per minute). It also keeps me in good enough shape so that I can climb [nearly] as many stairs as I like without giving it a second thought. :)

I'm very much looking forward to hiking season this year. It has nothing to do with weight loss. That will just be a bonus.

See Also:
The "Free Lunch" Weight Loss Plan v.000

5 comments:

Stagflationary Mark said...

As a side note, I have a new mower. The last one was self-propelled. This one is not. I definitely feel the difference, lol. Not complaining though! :)

Troy said...

184 to 178 here.

Well, I was 176 for much of Feb but I house-sat for my friend and gained like 8 lbs in 8 days, LOL

http://i.imgur.com/6vUKUvq.png

(the moves up are when I housesit)

I can jog a half mile pretty easily now and the last 100 yards I sprint, or try to, my coordination and leg strength isn't quite as good as it was 20+ years ago, sigh.

Still got 3" to lose around the waist then I'm done with the loss regimen.

A year ago I was at ~195, and two years ago I was at 235+.

I started the regimen when you did, June '11.

A pound a week or a pound a month doesn't matter, all that matters is staying in control and getting healthier.


Stagflationary Mark said...

Troy,

"A year ago I was at ~195, and two years ago I was at 235+."

That's an awesome improvement!

"I started the regimen when you did, June '11."

That's awesome too. Let's see where we both are in June '21. I intend to be below 200 permanently by then.

"A pound a week or a pound a month doesn't matter, all that matters is staying in control and getting healthier."

Heck, anything beats gaining 3 pounds a year (which was the pace I was roughly on before June '11).

This winter has been especially brutal though. I eat more when I sleep less. I sleep less when I eat more. Go figure. ;)

Troy said...

Your approach is much healthier than my method.

The body reacts to dieting by stripping both protein and fat.

Your way just works on your basal metabolism and I think you're losing a lot less protein for the pounds coming off, compared to me.

It helps to have a programmer's mind for this . . .

we've got to start something that takes a year or two to see it completed, most jobs don't work at such long time horizons.

Stagflationary Mark said...

Troy,

My approach is certainly lazier, lol.

Part of me thinks I should at least partially compensate for the seasonal effects (by exercising more in the winter). Perhaps I'll add that someday. Perhaps I won't. ;)