Friday, December 2, 2016

The Sarcasm Report v.270

December 2, 2016
Incoming Treasury Sec. Mnuchin steps down from Sears board

Mnuchin, 53, has been on the Sears Holdings Corp. board for more than 11 years, according to the company.

It's been a very impressive run for Sears over the past 11 years. As a holder of long-term inflation protected treasury bonds, I am filled with renewed optimism about our future long-term prosperity!

Think about it. He's the perfect choice. Much to the dismay of long-term shareholders of Sears, there are few people on the planet with more hands-on deficit spending experience than him!

He was the Yale roommate of Sears Chairman and CEO Eddie Lampert.

How can we lose? Our fate is a sure thing!! Woohoo!!!

8 comments:

In Hell's Kitchen (NYC) said...

did I see right that Sears stock went down by a factor of 10 over these 11 years ?

Mr. Slippery said...

He is one of the biggest swamp gators. Made his money at Goldman. I am glad to be holding a lot of iBonds right now. The stagflation/inflation bonfire may just be getting started.

Stagflationary Mark said...

In Hell's Kitchen,

They've spun off a bunch of stuff, so it's not quite that bad but...

In my opinion, the core Sears brand is ready to be old-yellered behind the woodshed. Sigh.

Stagflationary Mark said...

Mr Slippery,

I suspect inflation will underperform. Of course, I'm assuming that money won't actually flow from the rich to the poor with a billionaire (with more than a few self-interests) as president.

That said, I wish I knew instead of suspected. Like you, not dumping my I-bonds!

Who Struck John said...

The American Berlusconi has not yet tweeted his comment.

dd said...

On the Sears board and multimillions from takeover of IndyMac? It's gonna be high tide for naked swimmers. I'm thinking Dow 36000 followed by Dow 6660.

Stagflationary Mark said...

Who Struck John,

What time zone can I expect a 3:00am tweet? ;)

Stagflationary Mark said...

dd,

I guess I just prefer to see the dark side of things. The glass is always half-empty. And cracked. And I just cut my lip on it. And chipped a tooth. - Janeane Garofalo

And the Dow went to 36000!
But then dropped to 6660!

Glass half full! Woohoo! ;)