Friday, December 2, 2016

Word of the Day

December 2, 2016
Mish: 125 Housing Metro Areas Compared: How Much Does California Skew National Averages?

Ixcluding California, the median unweighted gain not counting kickbacks and commissions, was 13.8%.

Including? Excluding? Typo? No, I think it is the birth of a new word, and I for one, like it.

I think our country will be like a very ixclusive club, now that we have elected Donald Trump as president. And here's the best part. We're already members!

I expect great things, especially when trickle inwards economics is unleashed. More of everything at essentially no cost!

Just one question. Do we ixclude the debt that will fund it? Yes! We always ixclude it! Woohoo!

Don't believe me? Ask someone at random how much debt they have. Then ask them if they've included the national debt in their answer. Then say it is okay, since national debt is all ixclusive!

Sigh.

4 comments:

mab said...

especially when trickle inwards economics is unleashed.

I can't wait until Warren Buffett owns everything! Workers Paradise!

I hate to admit this, but I tend to side with Mish here. No way does the housing market in my town reflect the CS data. Anecdotally, I bought a home home two years ago, and, based on recent prices, I'd be lucky to break even if I tried to sell today. Where's my 5% annual appreciation??????

And thanks for making me click on the Mish link. Mish is a buffoon! The joke is on me!!!! Grrrrrr!

Stagflationary Mark said...

mab,

When one person owns it all, will it be too big to fail?

Crazy talk! Will never happen!

Please don't click on the "number of commercial banks" link. It will make you Grrrrr! again!!

mab said...

Here's my unofficial problem bank list:

Goldman Sachs

Wells Fargo

Bank of America

JP Morgan

Morgan Stanley

And any other bank that is too big to fail!

Stagflationary Mark said...

Wells Fargo: Protect Yourself Against Scams

It's funny. I went there looking for tips on protecting myself from big banks opening new accounts in my name to meet their sales goals. No such luck. I guess I'll just have to cross my fingers and hope for the best!