Saturday, September 15, 2007

Hank Paulson vs. Blackadder

"The tasks faced by Beijing are so daunting that the biggest risk we face is not that China will overtake the US, but that China won't move ahead with the reforms necessary to sustain its growth. - U.S. Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson, 2006

Right, good morning team. My name is Edmund Blackadder and I'm the new minister in charge of religious genocide. Now, if you play straight with me you'll find me a considerate employer, but cross me and you'll find that under this playful boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless sadistic maniac. - Edmund Blackadder

This is far and away the strongest global economy I've seen in my business lifetime. - U.S. Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson, July 12, 2007

That's the spirit, George. If nothing else works, then a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through. - General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett

There aren’t any easy answers. - U.S. Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson on subprime problems, September 11, 2007

Baldrick, you wouldn't recognize a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on a harpsichord singing 'subtle plans are here again'. - Edmund Blackadder

When they are confident they understand the products, confidence will return. - U.S. Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson on asset-backed commercial paper, September 11, 2007

Baldrick, that is by far and away, and without a shadow of doubt, the worst and most contemptible plan in the history of the universe. On the other hand, I hear the sound of disemboweling cutlasses being sharpened, and it's the only plan we've got, so if you will excuse me, gentlemen. - Edmund Blackadder

No comments: