Saturday, September 22, 2007

Computers Lose Money

Hedge funds run by computers lose money in August
Many hedge fund managers who actively make investments have already sent apologetic letters to investors acknowledging they made mistakes in the last weeks when problems with subprime mortgages spread and pulled global stock markets lower.

Now it is the computer's turn to say that things didn't work out for it, or its investors, either.

Should you too wish to hear it please:

1. Select the entire block of italicized text below and copy it.
2. Paste it into the text box on the
AT&T Research Labs site.
3. Click on SPEAK.

<voice name="crystal"><prosody rate="-75%">I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you.</prosody></voice>

And remember, this is not 2001: A Space Odyssey. We're six years past that! No more HAL. Say hello to Crystal! Cyrstal has been slowed down by 75% to add a certain level of sincerity to her apology.

Please respect their
usage policy. It is intended for demonstration purposes only.

No comments: