Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Suze Orman vs. Warren Buffett

When I first started as a stockbroker, I had been a waitress for seven years in Berkeley, California. And -- how much money do you think I had? Nothing, absolutely nothing. But people would come to me, and I had to pretend that I knew what I was talking about and convince you what to do with your money... - Suze Orman, April 2000

It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently. - Warren Buffett

I think a lot of it is common sense. You know, right now you see a lot of these people are losing money. They don't know what to do in the market. - Suze Orman, April 2000

Risk comes from not knowing what you're doing. - Warren Buffett

I'm afraid that the people selling are the little investors. - Suze Orman, April 2000

Should you find yourself in a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is likely to be more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks. - Warren Buffett

Fabulous economy. Best that we've had in forever, almost. - Suze Orman, April 2000

If past history was all there was to the game, the richest people would be librarians. - Warren Buffett

I have to tell you, I think what we have seen right now is the top of the real estate market. I think... - Suze Orman, April 2000

We simply attempt to be fearful when others are greedy and to be greedy only when others are fearful. - Warren Buffett

That's right. I always say, buy high and sell higher. It's like -- I mean... - Suze Orman, April 2000

The investor of today does not profit from yesterday's growth. - Warren Buffett

Remember, diversification is the key to success. - Suze Orman, April 2000

Wide diversification is only required when investors do not understand what they are doing. - Warren Buffett

No, never. - Suze Orman in response to ever recommending gold or silver, April 2000

Equilibrium between supply and demand was only likely to be established by a somewhat higher price. - Warren Buffett on silver, late 1990s

It's been hard not to take a shine to gold lately. In the past year, an ounce of the precious metal has shot up from under $450 to more than $646 as I write this. - Suze Orman, August 2006

I don't think there's a bubble in agricultural commodities like wheat, corn and soybeans. But in metals and oil there's been a terrific move. It's like most trends: At the beginning, it's driven by fundamentals, then speculation takes over. As the old saying goes, what the wise man does in the beginning, fools do in the end. With any asset class that has a big move, first the fundamentals attract speculation, then the speculation becomes dominant. - Warren Buffett, 2006

No comments: