Saturday, March 12, 2011

Dai Senryaku Exceed 7

Dai Senryaku Exceed 7: Modern Military Tactics

Price: $1.50 (+$3.99 shipping)

If you are a fan of deep strategy games and you still own a Playstation 2 then how can you possibly go wrong buying this game? Check out that deflationary price.

It was the last game I bought before upgrading the the PS3. I was up all night playing it yet again. The graphics are simple but the game play more than makes up for it.

It is not a game that everyone will enjoy. You either like strategy games or you don't. If you do like strategy games, then you should love this one. Here are two reviews that I agree with wholeheartedly.

December 30, 2007
The best strategy game for the Playstation 2

All in all, if you're not afraid to sink your teeth into a rich and rewarding strategy game experience then Dai Senryaku will not disappoint.

February 7, 2010
We need a PS3 version ASAP!!!!!

The sheer depth and fun of this game defies the current notion the western market has that turn-based games are dated or obsolete.

Here's a bonus review that would differ from my own.

January 21, 2008
Dated strategy game

Originally appearing back in 2005 on the XBox, Dai Senryaku VII is a strategy game that is incredibly deep and surprisingly rewarding once you get the hang of it, but the game's very bland presentation is what really hurts the game.

If a game is incredibly deep and surprisingly rewarding, then I am tempted to enjoy it regardless of the presentation. Maybe that's just me though! ;)

7 comments:

Stagflationary Mark said...

One might argue that this is a feeble attempt to support Japan in its time of crisis, but they do make great video games.

Troy said...

This post utterly slays me.

Back in 1990 I got ahold of some Japanese game review magazines, including the flagship magazine Login, and they reviewed Dai Senryaku and I was blow away.

I wanted to make a Mac version but never did, in 5 years of farting around.

Needless to say I've been farting around with an ipad version, too.

This is the game that inspired Panzer General, apparently.

Stagflationary Mark said...

Troy,

Wow!

I am astounded that you have heard of it. I loved playing Panzer General (and Pacific General)!

One of my favorite computer games of all time is...

Combat Mission(video game series)

You give detailed orders for the next 60 seconds of time and then watch it play out in real time. It is especially amusing to see your orders justifiably altered as conditions change. For example, picture a light tank stumbling upon a hidden Tiger tank. Your orders suddenly become a secondary priority. Go figure!

Bob B said...

This is truly a great game. I have played it for years. Every secenario (VII) and made my own. It would be nice to have better graphics but such is life.

I really would like a newer version with different maps etc.

EconomicDisconnect said...

Looks cool. I played like a maniac a similar game called "Real War" for the PC. Loved having control over all the hardware; jets, carriers, subs, etc. Load up the soldiers with RPG's and it was too much fun.

Troy said...

hmm, the thought occurred to me that Japan isn't going to be buying any more USTs for the foreseeable future.

They've been adding $10b/month . . . they're going to need that money to rebuild the lives of around 3 million people.

This might give the PBC its entre into the JGB market, though god knows why they'd want to enter it.

Stagflationary Mark said...

Japan's stock market today = kamikaze

Sigh.