Sunday, March 27, 2011

This Week's Activities

It may be a while before I post in earnest again. It was very fun, but I'm now in cool down mode.

Activity Highlights for the Week

1. Music Experience Project
2. Space Needle
3. Argosy Cruise
4. Woodland Park Zoo
5. Seattle Aquarium
6. Pacific Science Center
7. Snoqualmie Summit Snow Tubing
8. Olympic National Rain Forest
9. Pacific Ocean
10. Fisherman's Terminal
11. Umpteen Hundred Trips to Starbucks ;)

There was a Battlestar Galactica exhibit within the Music Experience Project and a Star Wars exhibit within the Pacific Science Center. We also drove through the city of Forks to appease the Twilight fans.

Over the course of 6 days we drove 600+ miles, took four trips by monorail, one trip by ferry, and maybe walked 60 miles on foot (based on 10 miles per day).

My girlfriend's sister's husband even managed to work in 27 holes of golf in addition to the 6,000+ miles of airline travel it took them just to get here and back.

What a week!

Here's a glimpse of what I look like right now. ;)


3 comments:

Stagflationary Mark said...

I see that the results of my non-scientific poll are in.

How Much Should Stagflationary Mark Be Willing to Pay for Online Content?

16 people agree that I should pay $0.

It is amazing the level of agreement that can be reached when there is only one option given.

So ends my brief brush with dictatorships. Thanks for participating! :)

EconomicDisconnect said...

Sounds like you had fun but spent a ton of energy! Is the Fisherman's Terminal a dock area where all the boats come? That would be cool. Rest up!

Stagflationary Mark said...

I said Fisherman's Terminal but I guess it is actually fishermen's. Go figure.

Fishermen's Terminal

Operated by the Port of Seattle, it is home to some of the vessels that are on the Discovery Channel show the Deadliest Catch.

There's a nice restaurant overlooking the boats. I had what I always have when I eat there. I love salmon fettuccine! :)

March 7, 2003
For a taste of Northwest seafood, Chinook's is a real catch

Hidden away south and west of the Ballard Bridge at Seattle's Fishermen's Terminal, Chinook's is exactly the kind of place I would bring out-of-town visitors for an unadulterated taste of what's best and fresh in Northwest seafood.

Hey! That's what we did! :)

It can be VERY loud in the evenings. Sound bounces off everything and the wall of glass doesn't help. We visited in the afternoon though. Very enjoyable!