Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Today's Redundant News Today

May 3, 2017
ABC News: Senate changes likely for Republican health care bill

For the Senate to pass a version of the Obamacare replacement bill, the two chambers would likely have to reconcile differences in what’s known as a conference committee. It’s not clear whether House Republicans who voted for their version of the bill would sign on to changes requested by senators and vice versa -- a perennial concern for any legislation that goes through conference committee

For the Senate to pass a version of the Obamacare replacement bill, opposing sides would likely have to reconcile differences in what’s known as a conference committee. It’s not clear whether House Republicans who voted for their version of the bill would sign on to changes requested by senators and vice versa -- a perennial concern for any legislation that goes through conference committee.




Proofreading jobs may soon become available at ABC News. Put another way, jobs involving proofreading may soon become available at ABC News.

Bad Mark. Bad! Bad! :)

7 comments:

Stagflationary Mark said...

The article has apparently been updated since I posted this. Here is the new text:

For the Senate to pass a version of the Obamacare replacement bill, the two chambers would likely have to reconcile differences in what's known as a conference committee. It's not clear whether House Republicans who voted for their version of the bill would sign on to changes requested by senators and vice versa — a perennial concern for any legislation that goes through conference committee.

For the Senate to pass a version of the Obamacare replacement bill, opposing sides would likely have to reconcile differences in what's known as a conference committee. It's not clear whether House Republicans who voted for their version of the bill would sign on to changes requested by senators and vice versa — a perennial concern for any legislation that goes through conference committee.


Somebody must have noticed that the first paragraph was missing a period. Too bad nobody noticed that the two paragraphs are virtually identical though.

Forehead. Desk. Whack. Whack. Whack.

Seriously. I noticed the missing period when I originally quoted it. I couldn't copy and paste what didn't exist though.

Does anyone but me actually read these articles?

mab said...

The Village of Earlville speaks for itself.

We have to recognize the genius of the name. Epic fail or epic goof? Oh, and btw, I wasn't fired I was made redundant.

Stagflationary Mark said...

I've been given a redundant sign of what is to come.

Anonymous said...

ABC news is wonderful and so balanced (said no one).

mab said...

I got a speeding ticket in the bucolic Village of Earlville. Oddly, it was a County Sheriff that issued the summons. But the Sheriff couldn't tell me the amount of the ticket and said I had to call the County. So I did.

It turns out that the Village of Earlville is in both Madison and Chenango Counties. Who knew? After speaking with numerous parties in each County, I was informed I had to contact the Judge in the Village of Earlville. The Judge in the Village of Earlville only worked part time so I had to leave a message.

The Judge from the Village of Earlville called me back and said I owed the Village of Earlville $80. The Judge told me to make the check payable to the Village of Earlville. I remarked: "Village of Earlville? Isn't that redundant?" He said: "What?" I said: "Never mind."

I totally get Village of Earl, or even Earlville. But Village of Earlville? Why not Village of Earleville Village? Come on! One or the other!

Stagflationary Mark said...

Unknown,

Both paragraphs are nearly perfectly balanced! Further, nearly perfectly balanced are the two paragraphs. ;)

Stagflationary Mark said...

mab,

Pardon my damned language, but did you try contacting the village of Earlville's Earl's son Earl, the Damned Village of the Damned Earlville's Earl's Earl?