Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Wall of Shame v.2

After giving it some more thought, I have decided to delete my four previous posts in the Debt vs. Wages series. After reading the "Unreal Wages" article and doing a bit more digging, I don't feel at all comfortable with the wage data I'm using.

I consider this post part of my new and improved "Wall of Shame" series. I'm hoping I don't continue this series in the future, but I suspect (being a rather newbie blogger, it's just my first week) that I will.

I'm also thinking of changing my name to Comrade Stagflationary Mark, as I go back to revise history yet again, lol.

I have to keep it somewhat fair though. If I can't laugh at myself, how can I possibly laugh at others? :)

3 comments:

Lab Rat said...

Remember, you blog with the data you have, not the data you wish you had!

Lab Rat said...

Here's an alternate source of data to our banana-republic official government agencies:

http://www.shadowstats.com

Stagflationary Mark said...

Remember, you blog with the data you have, not the data you wish you had!

No joke there!

I'm making good progress today though. I found some wage data on the IRS site from 1993 to 2005. It won't be as pretty (since it is annual data) or as timely (since it isn't recent) as my previous charts but it should be a lot more accurate one would think.