Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My Hour Has Come (Musical Tribute)

MaxedOutMama exclaims, Mark, your hour has come!

So we have rising price trends, poor profit trends (somewhat mitigated by higher prices out of necessity), poor sales trends, and remarkably poor employment trends. Some may call this stagflation; that is the most positive possible way to describe the situation.

Do not ask for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for me.

So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice. - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack (1980)



Stranger now are his eyes to this mystery
He hears the silence so loud
Crack of dawn, all is gone except the will to be
Now they see what will be, blinded eyes to see

For whom the bell tolls
Time marches on
For whom the bell tolls

12 comments:

AllanF said...

So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

One of my all time favorite quotes. I use it myself often.

AllanF said...

And by often I mean that in the relative sense.

If I can get in one really good lick with it in a year, well, I call that a good year.

EconomicDisconnect said...

For a hill men will kill! Epic.

Stagflationary Mark said...

AllanF,

I was very pleased to be able to use that quote today. The quote is so precious to me that I would not even consider using it unless it was appropriate.

If I can get in one really good lick with it in a year, well, I call that a good year.

That is exactly how I see it!

Stagflationary Mark said...

GYSC,

For a hill men will kill! Epic.

Hamburger Hill

MaxedOutMama said...

One of your best ever.

This is some unholy mess.

Still, it would be worse if you were the Bernank.

Stagflationary Mark said...

MaxedOutMama,

Even the album's title applies today.

Ride the Lightning

Who Struck John said...

Someday soon, we will look back upon the current mess with wistful fondness, for the days when our problems were so minor and easily dealt with.

Stagflationary Mark said...

Who Struck John,

Let's do this just a bit every day!

All we need to do is imagine today every so slightly worse than the previous day.

Baby steps, lol. Sigh.

Stagflationary Mark said...

Or even ever so slightly.

Who Struck John said...

For whom the DOOM bell tolls.

Stagflationary Mark said...

Who Struck John,

Ask not! ;)