Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Sarcasm Report v.106

June 3, 2011
Bernanke Wants a Weaker Dollar, Buy the Euro: Currency Fund Manager

The United States has a "Fed that wants a lower dollar" Merk says, offering an opinion that everyone except the Fed accepts as fact.

Since everyone already accepts this as fact, then it stands to reason that everyone should already hate the dollar and love the euro by comparison.

The reason he likes the euro "is because everybody hates it."

Fascinating.



For something so hated the euro sure has gone up in relative value a lot. It also sits near the top of its recent trading range ($1.4624 as of today). I must not understand the meaning of hatred.

“You know that when I hate you, it is because I love you to a point of passion that unhinges my soul.” - Julie de Lespinasse

June 5, 2011
Euro Rises to Month High Versus Dollar on Optimism EU Will Support Greece

Optimism? Hatred? It's all good.

8 comments:

EconomicDisconnect said...

Darth Maul asked Darth Vader "What do you hate more than me?" and Vader answered "MYSELF!" before he impaled himself with his own blade to kill Maul.
http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/b/b6/Resurrection.jpg

EconomicDisconnect said...

Sorry, try this:
http://tinyurl.com/686dupm

Stagflationary Mark said...

I offer one of the many lesser known hatred quotes from the Star Wars saga.

Good, I hate long waits. - Han Solo

Mr Slippery said...

Here is what you are missing...

This Merk person is a Sicilian. He is telling you what he wants you to hear. He knows that you are going to buy the currency that others are not favoring. But he also knows that you are thinking the same thing, so he is trying to get you to buy the currency that you think he thinks you don't want, thereby making bank on the other side of the trade. Inconceivable!

EconomicDisconnect said...

"Where did you find that old fossil!?"

Stagflationary Mark said...

Mr Slippery & GYSC,

I hate waiting. I could give you my word as a Spaniard.

EconomicDisconnect said...

Who are you?
No one of consequence
I MUST know!

Stagflationary Mark said...

Get abused with low employment!

Or something like that, I can't quite remember the full quote. ;)