Friday, September 6, 2013

The Grand Parasitic Economic Theory of Everything


Click to enlarge.

Average annual production and non-supervisory employee earnings adjusted for inflation are shown in blue.

Annual personal income per capita adjusted for inflation is shown in red. I am excluding the wages seen in blue.

Neither the host (in blue) nor the parasite (in red) look all that healthy. No matter how hard we try, we can't seem to cross the streams!


Click to enlarge.



Dr. Egon Spengler: Don't cross the streams.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Why?
Dr. Egon Spengler: It would be bad.

The future's so bright I gotta wear $110.00 Ecto Goggles! They are currently sold out though! Say it isn't so!

Source Data:
St. Louis Fed: Custom Chart

5 comments:

Troy said...

No worries, Uncle Sugar's got everyone covered

http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/graph/?g=ma4

per capita personal transfer receipts / average wage / 40 hrs week = 9.5 weeks a year free money for everyone.

Troy said...

12.5 weeks if we don't pay the kids to not work. . .

http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/graph/?g=ma5

Stagflationary Mark said...

Troy,

Uncle Sugar for the win!

We should probably thank the bountiful real interest income harvest per capita too. Who knew the "average" American was earning so much interest during ZIRP? ;)

Mr Slippery said...

This is a very interesting idea and chart. Looks like it would take another New Deal to get the spread back to 1970s levels. Obama's joke on workers, the Better Bargain, isn't cutting it.

Stagflationary Mark said...

Mr Slippery,

New Deal?
Better Bargain?

We got The Big Hit!

Father, I have been abduct. I am fine. It says abduct. I have been abducted. I am fine right now but I may not be for loring. If you do not pay the son of one million doolars... That's what it says. I don't know what it means. You told me to read this, that's what I'm doing.

These men mean businesses. Who wrote this? It says businesses. That's what it says. You told me to read the note. You never said to improv it.

I *love* that movie! It's very campy but it's definitely a favorite of mine. Best ransom note ever, lol.