Friday, November 25, 2016

The One Flaw in My Thanksgiving Day Plan

How To Look Like Gerard Butler in the Movie 300

To build muscle, cut body fat, and have enough energy to train for six hours a day, he had to eat:

* Insane amounts of protein (which can be found in eggs, grilled chicken, tuna and other fish, steak, protein shakes, and protein bars),


I naturally assumed that eating insane amounts of protein would be the hardest part and that training for six hours a day would therefore be relatively easier.

Turns out, in hindsight, that eating insane amounts of turkey was a lot easier than it looked. The more I ate, the more confident in the plan I became!

Unfortunately, six hours of physical training became nearly impossible once the completely unexpected napping began. Blindsided by a 25-sigma event black swan!!

Live and learn! :)

6 comments:

mab said...

Blindsided by a 25-sigma event black swan!!

I know! I get blindsided by that same 25-sigma black swan event every year! Go figure.

Stagflationary Mark said...

mab,

How is it possible that two people, in two different parts of the country, are being blindsided by the same 25-sigma event each year at Thanksgiving?

THEY must be putting something in the food!!!

I did not mention this in my post but the mashed potatoes, stuffing, pumpkin pie, and eggnog affected me the same way the turkey did. Worse, no matter how much I eat there always seems to be more of it in the fridge. WTF!

How did THEY convince us to make so much dinner when there are only two of us? :)

Stagflationary Mark said...

P.S. I'm watching Groundhog Day right now on TV. This is going to sound really crazy, but I get this creepy feeling of deja vu that I've seen it before. Perhaps on previous Thanksgiving Day weekends? What are the odds? Incalculable!

mab said...

How is it possible that two people, in two different parts of the country, are being blindsided by the same 25-sigma event each year at Thanksgiving?

Well, based on what we both "know", I'd say the odds are 100%! And that's comforting! At least we don't have to invent something like dark matter to maintain the universal laws of gravity! Not that there's anything wrong with that.....

mab said...

P.S. I'm watching Groundhog Day right now on TV.

No way! I watch that movie every single day!

Btw, I saw the end of a new Star Wars episode on HBO the other night. Han died. Needlessly imo. But Chewy looked great, no gray hair or anything. Hadn't aged a bit! His English still sucks, but what evs.

Stagflationary Mark said...

mab,

Chewy sucks.

I mean the Chips Ahoy version. Something not quite right. Odd. Artificially moist and used.

That said, would eat more than one if a plate was offered. Not sure why. Perhaps Pavlov would know?