Monday, November 14, 2016

Trading Update

Bought 175 shares of Pimco's 15+ Year US TIPS ETF (LTPZ) @ $66.405 within my traditional IRA using accumulated interest from prior long-term TIPS purchases, with the intent to hold 15+ years.

I normally buy TIPS directly from the government and cutout the middleman, but I can't inside my IRA.

So ends today's trading fireworks!

In all seriousness, watching me trade isn't like watching water boil. It's more like watching glaciers melt. I'm not exactly what you would call a high frequency trader.

5 comments:

Stagflationary Mark said...

Global bond markets lose a trillion dollars in value partly in response to Trump's theoretical trillion dollar US infrastructure plan.

I'd like to point out that we haven't even bought the first shovel or hired the first employee yet. ;)

Anonymous said...

Up almost a percent today. I hope you bought it on margin. Lol.

Stagflationary Mark said...

It's now slightly down from where I bought it. SELL! SELL!

Hahaha! ;)

Yawner of an investment over the long-term, in theory. Over the short-term, very volatile.

Stagflationary Mark said...

As a side note, planning to add to it in the coming years. Won't cry if the price comes down (meaning real yields have gone up).

Anonymous said...

Yes. It probably natural that it should could back down before going higher.