Thursday, May 6, 2010

Exponential Growth for the Long-Term


Click to enlarge.

As you can see, our growth has been a bit lower lately but that's sure to pick back up at some point. We could pretty much count on 10% returns historically, but hey, at least we're getting something. Right?

You know what? I'm just not that happy with the chart though. It seems a bit vague. I think I should probably label a bit more of it and supply just a bit more data.

Let's try again.


Click to enlarge.

Oh yes. That's much better. It's even starting to look a bit like our stock market once inflation, our exponentially rising national debt, and irrational exuberances are factored in.

Source Data:
EIA: US Crude Oil Production

2 comments:

EconomicDisconnect said...

From last thread;
Coin jar? What about Vern from "Stand By Me"? He could never find his pennies but he did bring the comb!

Stagflationary Mark said...

GYSC,

And we mustn't ever forget The Goonies.

The Goonies Wishing Well

Yeah, but you know what? This one. This one right here. This was my dream, my wish. It didn't come true. So I'm taking it back. I'm taking them all back.