Monday, May 31, 2010

Testing Microsoft's Bing

I often go to MSN Money to look at the top stories. They've really been pushing their bing service lately.

How is Bing: Investing in copper a top news story? It's just search results from a search engine. Nothing more.

That said, I'm not going to heckle something unless I've actually tested it first. So here goes.

Bing: Does Bing Suck?

Here are Bing's top two search results.

Bing Sucks

Why Bing Sucks. Top 5 Reasons.

I'm now caught in a liar paradox.

On the one hand, Bing found the answer to my question. That must mean that Bing does not suck.

On the other hand, Bing tells me that Bing sucks. That must mean that Bing does suck.

6 comments:

remy said...

bing maps has a nice birds eye view feature that is great to work with (use it for work)... I do not use it for anything else.

remy

GawainsGhost said...

There was an interesting blurb about Bing in the latest issue of BusinessWeek. Microsoft has sunk some $6 billion into its search engine, upgraded it page view, and seen a modest increase in search volume. It has an exclusive contract with Yahoo! that is not advertised and is currently working on a contract with cellular phone companies for exclusive rights on cell searches, particularly music downloads.

I tried Bing when it first came out, but ulimately had to delete the browser because it was messing with my computer.

mab said...

Stag,

Don't disrespect the Bing!

http://cgi.ebay.com/DONT-DISRESPECT-BING-Soprano-Bada-T-Shirt-XL-/280368909451

That's a somewhat famous line thanks to the HBO series The Sopranos.

It gets a lot of play in North Jersey, lol. Lots of sir names here end in vowels.

EconomicDisconnect said...

What's BING??

EconomicDisconnect said...

What's BING?

Stagflationary Mark said...

mab,

Hahaha!

GYSC,

You can use Google to find out what Bing is.

(I love playing the straight man in comedy routines, lol.)