Thursday, November 1, 2007

The Sarcasm Report v.13

Despite the Gloom, More Bush Boom
The stock market roared after the Federal Reserve cut its target rate on Wednesday by 25 basis points to 4.5 percent. The rate cut was a small insurance policy, just in case the subprime credit crunch and the housing downturn take a larger toll on the economy.

Despite the gloom, more Bush boom! The Dow roared up 1% on Halloween (spooky) then roared down the next day (today) by 2 1/2%!!

It reminds me of a joke. It is winter and there's been a horrible ice storm.

Teacher: Why are you late for class?
Student: The sidewalks were icy. Each time I took a step I slid back two.
Teacher: Impossible! You wouldn't be here at that rate!
Student: I gave up and tried to go home.

Maybe it's just me, but that's still the greatest joke never told.


The print and broadcast media do not give President Bush much credit for his economic policies. But somehow I have to wonder whether low unemployment, strong growth, negligible inflation, and record stock markets do not deserve just a bit of praise.

It is still the greatest story never told.


The story is such a good one. I'm starting to wonder if we'll be hearing the greatest story never told every time the Dow nears 14,000. I sure hope so!

See Also:

The Sarcasm Report v.3

No comments: