Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Viet Frahd!

I saw this story on our local news and thought I'd share it here. Be sure to check out the video.

February 14, 2011

Feds leave, fraud returns to Seattle neighborhood

For several weeks, KING 5 crews watched the activity in and around the Viet Wah Supermarket.

...

“No, I don’t give. I don’t give,” Pham said in broken English when KING 5 asked her why she was giving people cash for their food stamps.

When asked why she was doing the same things that people up the street had just been arrested for Pham answered, “I don’t know. I go home now.”

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Then immigrants know all the tricks. That is part of the problem here in California. I am not anti-immigrant at all, but when they know exactly what kind of car you need to qualify for section 8, food stamps, etc., you know its bad.

I am sure there are born in the USA people who are even craftier.

Stagflationary Mark said...

Anonymous,

I am sure there are born in the USA people who are even craftier.

I'm going to go way out on the limb here and suggest that some of them work on Wall Street.

mab said...

Mark,

Here's waht gets me. We spend so much time, effort and money prosecuting petty fraud while ignoring the elephant in the room - trillions in financial fraud.

We've had trillions of credit fraud and millions of illegal foreclosures in the past decade and no prosecutions to speak of.

How much petty crime stems from credit fraud, asset stripping, financial manipulation and usury?

Stagflationary Mark said...

mab,

Here's waht gets me. We spend so much time, effort and money prosecuting petty fraud while ignoring the elephant in the room - trillions in financial fraud.

Two words: Stealth Technology

Elephants in the Living Room