Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Catch the Falling Trauma Shears Update

April 13, 2012
Catch the Falling Trauma Shears

Here is a fresh update of the charts.


Click to enlarge.


Click to enlarge.

As a side note, I bought 40 pairs of hiking socks at Costco this week. Call me crazy if you must. I figure it will probably meet or beat the return on 3-month treasury bills going forward. That's all. It isn't because I think we're about to hyperinflate.

Source Data:
BLS: CPI Databases
St. Louis Fed: CPI

2 comments:

Stagflationary Mark said...

I probably would have bought the hiking socks in 2008 had I known I'd be hiking so much.

Things change though, sometimes even for the better.

Stagflationary Mark said...

As seen in the chart, apparel hoarding has been a fairly good inflation hedge for the past 4 years.

That's assuming you aren't trying to be too trendy and fashionable of course. Few have ever accused me of that, lol.