Tuesday, June 16, 2015

The #1 Way to Impress Your Starbucks Barista Today

June 16, 2015
Five Things Everyone Will Be Talking About Today

Hello! May I take your order?

Absolutely, but first how about that Greece situation? Really something, right?

It is. What would you like to order?

That's a good question. I was thinking about it as I was pondering the rise in Spanish bond yields this morning.

And what did you decide?

Well, there are no easy answers now that the confidence of German investors has fallen.

That's very interesting. Is there something you would like to drink?

It's funny you should say that because I've been drinking up the headlines over at Bloomberg Business. Were you aware that Draghi now gets legal backing?

I had no idea. Our Frappuccinos are very popular. Might I get you one so that you can be on your way?

This is why I love coming to Starbucks. You people are always so friendly and helpful. I do find it interesting that Kuroda is pulling a U-turn though, just like I will be doing in this Acura Legend convertible once I order a drink. The irony is not lost on me.

Sir. I don't mean to be rude but the drive-thru line is starting to backup.

I hear you. It's just like the Japanese currency backing up. It never fails to amaze me just how much information is out there on the Internet. Unfortunately, there are only so many hours in the day though. Speaking of which, I'm reminded of a story from my college years. It started one day when I was just a freshman at Harvard. I was heading over to my economics class when I ran into the son of a former president. He and I ended up becoming good friends. To make a very long story somewhat shorter, let's just say that...

No comments: