Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Garbage In, Garbage Out (Musical Tribute)

Garbage: I Think I'm Paranoid


I fall down to just to give you a thrill
Prop me up with another pill
If I should fail, if I should fold
I nail my faith to the sticking pole

I think I'm paranoid
Manipulated
I think I'm paranoid
And complicated


Bernanke Signals Another Rate Cut
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke warned Congress that the nation is in for a period of sluggish business growth and sent a fresh signal Wednesday that interest rates will again be lowered to steady the teetering economy....

The Fed "will act in a timely manner as needed to support growth and to provide adequate insurance against downside risks," Bernanke said...

With the economy slowing and prices rising, fears are growing that the country could be headed for a bout of stagflation, a dangerous economic brew not seen since the 1970s....

And Bernanke said that could complicate the Fed's job...

2 comments:

Ben Bittrolff said...

Durable Goods and New Home sales sucked. Fannie Mae sucked. Plus all of the economic releases yesterday sucked... and the market breaks UP, on a technical break of a Triangle formation.

Check out these simply insane facts, figures and charts.

Stagflationary Mark said...

Your link was broken it seems.

http://benbittrolff.blogspot.com/2008/02/simply-insane.html

Honestly, who the hell is buying and going long, overnight? For the long run? I mean, sweet jesus!

This is the captain. I've got some good news and I've got some bad news. First, the bad news. We're hopelessly lost and we're running very low on fuel. Now the good news. We're making good time!