Monday, March 2, 2009

Murphy's Bad Companies (Musical Tribute)

Anything that can go wrong will go wrong. - Murphy's Law

Bad Company - Burnin' Sky


The cash is burnin'
My leveraged bets just backfired
They are, I'm learnin'
Caught in a grand crossfire

Waitin' for profits to arrive
There was only supposed to be upside
Climbed a wall, a worried ride
A slope of hope I have to say
Bought more, baby, anyway

Oh yeah

The cash is burnin'
My leveraged bets just backfired
They are, I'm learnin'
Caught in a grand crossfire

Tanked at the openin' bell to my disdain
They sold stocks and gold and everythin'
Called my broker tryin' to sell retail
But they swamped me, more than a smidge

Oh yeah

The cash is burnin'
My leveraged bets just backfired
They are, I'm learnin'
Caught in a grand crossfire

Oh yeah

The cash is burnin'
My leveraged bets just backfired
They are, I'm learnin'
Caught in a grand crossfire

Greenspan said, "Savings are a danger to humanity,
We're gonna confiscate and then oversee"
Bernanke, your plan has doomed me to fail
But I'd rather die than go back to that other man

It's burnin' baby, mm, mm
My leveraged bets just backfired

My leveraged bets just backfired
Betting on the market, every day
And they can keep me here
I'm really gonna stay
I'll just hope that they will deface
Won't sell you, baby

It's burnin'
Yeah, it's burnin'
My leveraged bets just backfired
Keep on burnin'
Ah, yeah, yeah, ah, oh, oho
Keep on burnin'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stag,

Somehow, I knew you would have a tribute post today.

Keep this in mind: the recession will end when the depression begins.

One more thing. I heard on the radio that the guy from Long Island that sued to recoup $$$ for donating a kidney to his wife who then dumped him lost his case.

Apparently, once you lose a kidney, it's really hard, if not impossible, to get it back. Makes you wonder about all these calls for a second half recovery.

Stagflationary Mark said...

mab,

Somehow, I knew you would have a tribute post today.

Yeah, I felt apologetic for writing that "Optimism Abounds" post yesterday. What was I thinking?

Apparently, once you lose a kidney, it's really hard, if not impossible, to get it back.

And yet, the kidney import/export business continues to thrive (as seen in the following two links). Go figure!

General Motors (GM)
http://www.businessweek.com/investing/philanthropy/2005/companies/GM.htm

We believe companies must actively support their communities, and at GM, we have a long tradition of giving back to the communities in which we live and work.

GM culture: a problem that cash can't fix?
http://www.reuters.com/article/reuterscomService5/idUSTRE52104N20090302

DETROIT (Reuters) - America's largest automaker has been left dependent on the kindness of strangers -- its fate in the hands of bureaucrats as much as car buyers.