Friday, January 27, 2017

Sears Sheared Yet Again

Down about 10% today. Hit a fresh 52-week low.

If I didn't know better, and I felt that department stores weren't a good investment in this modern age, and I didn't have complete faith in Eddie Lampert, and I wasn't totally optimistic about the future, and I wasn't being sarcastic, then I'd start to suspect that there might be a long-term pattern forming here.

Good thing that I'm none of those things! D'oh!

Pillars of retail department store strength, baby. That's what I'm talking about. Again.

5 comments:

Rob Dawg said...

I have a position in Kohl's (KSS) as an exception. So far that position has been BOHICA. ;)

Stagflationary Mark said...

The BOHICA position can fletch a good price in a free market. Badum-ching. ;)

Mr. Slippery said...

Sears shears shareholders by the sea shore.

Say that five times fast.

Speaking for retailers, Wet Seal's fate was sealed this week:
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/teen-retailer-wet-seal-closing-all-its-stores-2017-01-26

Stagflationary Mark said...

Mr Slippery,

Sallie Mae sell Sears' shell, buy the Macy's short?

Fate sealed with a kiss... of death. Sigh.

Stagflationary Mark said...

Not to be confused with the KISS of Beth, but Beth, what can they do?