Friday, September 23, 2022

Metaverse Real Estate Gallows Humor

As seen in the image below, I just did an Internet search for "metaverse real estate prices" and I feel the need to share the results.


It's a rare treat to stumble upon such a rewarding gem. Do I keep searching? Do I read the two articles that I found? No, I'm good. I think my questions have been fully answered, lol.

This search was inspired by today's tweet from @MacroAlf:

Thoughts and prayers to people who took a mortgage to buy real estate in the Metaverse.

Mark Twain once said, "Buy land, they're not making it anymore." Too bad he's not still around to offer his thoughts on imaginary land, lol.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah. I thought Metaverse real estate was a crazy idea. Then again, I thought Bitcoin was a crazy idea too in 2009. Sigh.

I’ve reached the conclusion that I need to throw a small amount of money into whatever crazy Ponzi investments are being hyped at the beginning of the next Ponzi cycle. Probably would pay out much better than lotto tickets.

Stagflationary Mark said...

https://www.ponzitracker.com/

Mr Slippery said...

The question is, are they still imagining new metaverse land? If they stop imagining, it could become a scarce commodity. Haha!

I can't decide whether NFTs or metaverse land are the greater stupid. My stupid measuring tools don't go high enough for clear readings on either.