Monday, October 24, 2022

Jerome “The Earl” Powell

The following chart shows the unemployment rate minus the 12-month percentage change in the median CPI. I have added long-term trend lines in red and a short-term arrow in green.




I looked at Earl and his eyes was wide
His lip was curled, and his leg was fried
And his hand was froze to the wheel
Like a tongue to a sled in the middle of a blizzard

I says, Earl, "I'm not the type to complain
But the time has come for me to explain
That if you don't apply some brake real soon
They're gonna have to pick us up with a stick and a spoon"

4 comments:

Mr Slippery said...

Heartbeat, heartbeat, heartbeat, STROKE!

Stagflationary Mark said...

Heart of glass?

Lost inside
Adorable illusion and I cannot hide


Gettin’ a bit Harry out there. Debbie Harry.

Badum tsss.

Mr Slippery said...

Once I had a BOND and it was divine
Soon found out I was losing my mind
It seemed like the real thing but I was so blind
Mucho mistrust, BOND's gone behind


Not as "Interest"ing as your puns, just an inverted curve ball.

Stagflationary Mark said...

When I took on BOND in April, I figured you only live once. Unfortunately, you only live twice, or so it seems. One life for yourself, and one for your dreams. YOLT, not YOLO.

Reminds me of when I was young and my heart was an open book. I used to say live and let live. I know I did. I know I did. I know I did. So why did I live and then buy?

At some point, the trend should change in this ever changin’ world in which we’re livin’. But if it doesn’t, it’s going to scare the living daylights out of me. *cringe*