The following chart shows the 12-month moving average of the real median price of new homes sold (October 2014 dollars).
Click to enlarge.
Hurray! We're back in the trend channel at last!
The Ten Step Channel Sustainability Plan
1. Enormous income increases for the 1%!
2. Even bigger homes!
3. More custom heliports!
4. More olympic-sized hot tubs!
5. More luxury yacht moorage!
6. More granite! Walls, ceilings, and roofs!
7. More vacation homes for the richest!
8. More apartments for the poorest!
9. Dispatch the national guard! Contain the subprime!
Sustainable prosperity, baby. That's what I'm talking about.
This post inspired by Exurban Nation's Sore Thumb Sticks out in New Home Sales.
St. Louis Fed: Custom Chart
She sells shares by the Sears store - According to Reuters, Sears warns of 'going concern' doubts. If you hold Sears shares, that isn't reassuring. It smacks of Chapter 7, turn out the lights a...
9 minutes ago