The following chart shows the 12-month moving average of the real median price of new homes sold (October 2014 dollars).
Click to enlarge.
Hurray! We're back in the trend channel at last!
The Ten Step Channel Sustainability Plan
1. Enormous income increases for the 1%!
2. Even bigger homes!
3. More custom heliports!
4. More olympic-sized hot tubs!
5. More luxury yacht moorage!
6. More granite! Walls, ceilings, and roofs!
7. More vacation homes for the richest!
8. More apartments for the poorest!
9. Dispatch the national guard! Contain the subprime!
Sustainable prosperity, baby. That's what I'm talking about.
This post inspired by Exurban Nation's Sore Thumb Sticks out in New Home Sales.
St. Louis Fed: Custom Chart
Bill Gates Embraces “Tax Robots” Socialist Idiocy: Four Questions for Gates - I am unsure who first came up with the idea of taxing robots, but the proposal has been embraced by academia, socialists, and in general, the radical Lef...
2 hours ago