Saturday, April 9, 2016

The Grass Is Always Greener

April 9, 2016
Fortune: What You Can Do Every Day to Be More Successful

I want to expand my creative and my rational powers with the ability to mine the waves of data that will increasingly surround us — and only that can be done with an extra day in the week.

10,000 years from now, the universe will not care how successful you were. It will not care how much money you acquired or how many financial problems you solved. It will not care how many hours you worked in a cubicle, then an office, then a larger corner office with windows. Of this, I am quite certain.

Today, your dog will care about the success of taking a walk though. To each his own.


Click to enlarge.

2 comments:

dearieme said...

I've not had a dog since I was a boy. My nearest equivalent to your dog-walking was taking my young daughter out cycling. Sheer joy.

Stagflationary Mark said...

Oh, that's gotta be even more euphoric than a dog walk!

That said, our dogs don't require a college education. So we've got that going for us, which is nice.