Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Today's Confession

There was a time when I never clicked on ads, and I do mean never.

Times have changed. These days, I click on ads quite a bit.

So, what's changed? Is it because I'm generally interested in the ads and am looking to make a purchase? No, that's not it. Is it that I'm looking to support the website by actively clicking on their ads to help their revenue stream? No, that's not it either.

So, what exactly is it? Well, I'll tell you. My iPhone's screen is small in relation to the size of my finger. The close box of an ad is smaller still. Therefore, when I attempt to close an annoying popup ad, I often miss and accidentally click on the ad instead. At times, there may even be some mumbled swearing involved.

That is a f%^king awesome business model, if you ask me. If you are an advertiser, you are definitely getting your money's worth. Just be sure to factor in the amount of money I've actually spent on your products based on all that clicking that I am doing. It's a nice, round number per click. Works out to $0.00. Try not to spend it all in the same place, lol. Sigh.

Why am I bringing this up?

April 27, 2016
Facebook shares surge on strong mobile ad growth

As a side note, I play Real Racing 3 on my iPhone. I feel guilty receiving gold (in-game currency) for watching ads. Why? Well, I often mute the sound and my eyes often drift off the screen. Not sure how effective the ads actually are if I can neither hear nor see them. Hey Electronic Arts, let's just keep that a secret between you and me though. Oops. My bad.

No comments: