Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Out of Town

I'll be out of town until the 15th or so more than likely (the doctors are "practicing" medicine on my mother). Based on the results so far in my latest poll (the rat's popularity), it seems possible that I won't miss too much excitement.

The Onion apparently agrees.

The Onion

Date Of Apple Backlash Set For March 21, 2008

NEW YORK—In the face of Apple, Inc.'s 3- billionth iTunes sale and soaring stock price, some Wall Street forecasters are predicting that...


On the other hand, there aren't that many believers in the Year of the Pig. That might make this year a contrarian surprise.

Just so you know, I don't vote in my own polls. I figure it is bad enough that I heavily bias the questions and answers. However, my girlfriend voted for the Year of the Horse. I don't think she picked that because of The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse though. I'm fairly sure she simply likes horses. That isn't to say it is a bad estimate. Heck, by being a relatively long-term prediction, it might even beat out two out of two Nobel Prize winning economists. Who knows!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Medicine and Law are two fields where it's better to "practice" than "play." Unless I'm playing doctor with Halle Berry and Heidi Klum.

Stagflationary Mark said...

I'm back!

Turns out they practiced a lot on my relatives in the last week. My mother seems to have done well but my uncle got several days of "intensive" care (so "intensive" that many cousins of mine decided to fly into town) due to complications after his knee surgery.