Friday, May 30, 2008

Kodak Announces Cheaper Prices for Hoarders

Kodak to Lift Prices as Much as 20% on Material Costs (Update3)

May 30 (Bloomberg) -- Eastman Kodak Co., the photography company reshaping itself in the digital age, said it will raise prices as much as 20 percent on products including paper, film and printing plates to counter higher raw material costs.

Clearly a 20% increase is not exactly cheaper prices I must admit. Humor me though. I'm trying to be an optimist.

The prices take effect July 1 and will vary by product and region, the Rochester, New York-based company said in a statement today. The increase will help ease the effect of higher costs for silver, aluminum and oil, spokesman Chris Veronda said.

Since today is the 30th of May, you still have 31 days to save 17%. In other words, prices right now are 17% cheaper relative to what they'll be on July 1st. Just think of it as a sale in reverse. How big of a sale is 17%? It's a HUGE sale! Back up the truck. That's NINE full years of three month treasury bill interest (1.89%)! Woohoo!

I must apologize. I never thought we'd see 20% returns on investments again. Clearly I was wrong.

I'm really liking this whole optimist mindset. Feeling good. Feeling real good.

I'm having the very strange sensation of
deja vu.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stag,

It's deja vu all over again. (Yogi Berra I believe)

Stagflationary Mark said...

They Stole My Kidney MAB,

Rising fuel costs affecting school lunch prices
http://www.kcentv.com/news/c-article.php?cid=1&nid=15687

"We did that because of the increase that's projected in the cost of food." Belton ISD Nutrition Director Reba Baker said.

Hey, at least inflation expectations are tame (once future/projected cost increases are excluded).

"That's the problem prices keep going up and minimum wage isn't." Smith said.

China: Keeping America's Real Median Wage Inflationary Spiral Under Control Since 2000