Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Excessive Risk Taking for Dummies (Musical Tribute)

As seen through the eyes of Rick Newman:

July 18, 2013
Why I’m Draining My Savings to Stimulate the Economy

Things are different now. I’ve turned my savings into spending, rung up thousands of dollars’ worth of purchases on my credit cards and in the process paid a lot more in taxes. And I’ll probably keep spending like this until I nearly run out of money.

In other words, I’ve bought a house.


April 20, 2015
It’s time to stop worrying about Greece defaulting

No contagion likely

There you have it. Drain your savings. Take on debt. Keep doing it until you are nearly out of money. No contagion likely. Don't worry. Be happy like Rick!

As a side note, who is worried about Greece? The US stock market is at record levels. It's pretty much priced for permanent perfection. And let's not forget that summer is nearly here. Nothing bad ever happens when the sun is out!!

No comments: