Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Working for the Mafia Can Help Save the World

April 21, 2015
Working on Wall Street can help save the world: Peter Singer

He believes that working on Wall Street can be more noble even than being a social worker.

Indeed. Very noble.

“I don’t think that Wall Street is necessarily harmful at all,” he says.

The typical social worker is not necessarily always thinking up new ways to take their client's money. Without that thought process, how can social workers donate much money to charity?

The key is maximizing the amount of money taken from clients so that one has the most resources to give to charity. That's why I say that you need to give serious consideration to joining the mafia when you exit college. The more money you make the more money you can donate. And in the end, isn't that all that really matters?

Child protective services pales in comparison to organized protection rackets, be they derivatives trading or simply a guy named Guido shaking down a local business.

When it comes to saving the world, think smart and work harder. Mafia for the win!

Uh, oh. I use a sarcasm meter to limit the amount of sarcasm I generate each day. I see that the batteries are dead. I therefore have no idea if I'm operating in the dangerous red zone!!

4 comments:

mab said...

Why am I suddenly thinking of burning bushes and doing god's work?

Zirp = manna from heaven for TBTF banks. But hey, it trickles down to the real economy eventually.

Stagflationary Mark said...

mab,

Doing god's work? Doing godfather's work? It's all good as long as you make offers nobody can refuse.

Got horse head?

Anonymous said...

Me-n-da-boyz down in da auto-finance line-a-bidness tink we're allowin' da Merican peoples to fulfill der dream of unlimited bling. An if dat ain't God's work I donno what is, ya know what I'm talkin-about?

Stagflationary Mark said...

Anonymous,

Unlimited bling, baby. That's what you're talking about.