Thursday, July 19, 2012

A Round of Applause for Exxon and Chevron!


Click to enlarge.

I'm taking the average annual "Net Income Applicable To Common Shares" for all 30 companies in the Dow Jones Industrial Average over the previous 3 years and dividing it by the number of full-time employees as reported by Yahoo Finance.

Way to go Exxon and Chevron! You win!

This is not investment advice.

If past history was all there was to the game, the richest people would be librarians. - Warren Buffett

Source Data:
Yahoo Finance: DJI Components

4 comments:

mab said...

Maybe they need bigger executive & employee bonuses!

Seriously, why shouldn't oil company executives and employees reap for themselves the rewards of central bank and government reflation efforts? Not to mention pension fund "investments" in commodities.

If it's good enough for TBTF banks, it should be good enough for commodity producers.

Stagflationary Mark said...

mab,

Maybe they need bigger executive & employee bonuses!

Agreed! Nobody is going to pump oil out of the ground without at least some indication that people want it! ;)

Troy said...

profiteering in oil and real estate have been a cancer on our economy for a century plus.

In my first 30-odd years of life I had no philosophical framework to object or even analyze this.

Then I discovered Georgism, and all became clear.

Unfortunately.

Stagflationary Mark said...

Troy,

In my first 30-odd years of life I had no philosophical framework to object or even analyze this.

You are ahead of me. It took me to the age of 40 before I started thinking in terms of the macro picture. I then immediately turned permabearish, lol. Sigh.