Sunday, July 15, 2012

Picture of the Day

ice cream mini van?

majorly creepy

I bring it up because I was out doing yard work yesterday. I heard the sounds of an ice cream truck approaching and it made me smile. Imagine my disappointment when a generic minivan with stickers arrived.

I don't claim to be an ice cream truck expert, but here's a thought. Be a bit creative.

Ice Cream Truck Built-Up Show Rod

If that truck had come down my street then even I would find it hard to resist an overpriced ice cream treat.

2 comments:

Troy said...

Very good point. Packaging and Branding Matters. The ice cream trucks I see go by here -- you don't know if your kid is going to come back from them they're so skeevy.

Throw in some overhead misters to give customers a freebie. too.

The one thing I learned in my drivers ed class is that it's not illegal to dump liquid water on the road.

(The teacher had a test bank of ~1000 questions and we had to take a test every day for the entire semester).

I could make a killing here in Fresno with that.

Food trucks are like the Next Big Thing. That trend comports well with my general Georgist outlook on the BS structure of the economy.

Stagflationary Mark said...

Troy,

Packaging and Branding Matters.

It's a bit like opening a new restaurant at an abandoned gasoline station. It could be amusing if you went with that as your theme I suppose, but you better go all out. If you just move in and start selling burgers, people will think it is just a front for an illegal business!