Tuesday, June 9, 2015

First World Problems Strike Again!

The following is an actual screen shot from my phone.



Un
p
ar
a
ll
el
e
d!

I find the iPhone Reminders app quite useful but could use a bit less of a perpendicular experience, if you know what I mean. First world software problems, baby. That's what I'm talking about.

October 15, 2012
'SNL' mocks iPhone 5 gripes

This "First World problem" sarcasm, spoken in over-the-top fake Chinese accents, continues after another blogger mentions apps loading slowly on the new phone.

"Oh, Twitter real slow? You can't read Kardashian tweet about handbag?" says another worker. "My brother have handbag, too. He lose hand, keep in bag until he can afford to reattach."

3 comments:

Troy said...

I just paid an iPhone-equivalent price ($600) for new PC parts mostly from China of course.

MB, $130. CPU, $240. 16GB RAM, $90. P/S, $80.

To think I paid $900 for an extra 4MB of RAM in 1989, ~$1800 in 2014 dollars.

4000X the capacity for 1/200 the price.

But me and my 5MB o' RAM was King of the World for the first half of the 1990s, lemme tell ya.

Troy said...

1/20 not 1/200

Stagflationary Mark said...

Troy,

Doubled the memory for $50 in 1982! Thought I died and went to heaven.

TRS-80 Model III. 16k to 32k, lol.