Friday, December 14, 2007

5 More Views of Inflation



Running hot.



Running hot.



Running hot.



Running hot.



Running hot.

Thank goodness I don't invest based on my short-term mood (as seen in the upper left hand corner of my blog). However, the long-term's looking pretty good (if by good you mean you actually enjoy inflation, which I do not).

Yet another day passes and I continue to be comfortable with the stagflationary view of things.

See Also:
Trend Line Disclaimer

Source Data:
BLS: Consumer Price Indexes (CPI)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stag,

Is it possible to present this chart over a much longer time period. Would like to stand back and look at the five year trends over many decades including the 1960's &1970's.

Has this type of upward trend ever been reversed quickly and painlessly? Trends are hard to stop sometimes. A body in motion so to speak.

By the way, Newton put England on a true gold reserve standard in lieu of a paper receipt standard.

Stagflationary Mark said...

MAB,

Has this type of upward trend ever been reversed quickly and painlessly? Trends are hard to stop sometimes. A body in motion so to speak.

That's certainly my thinking when presenting the five year chart. I'll put up a longer term one.