Friday, October 24, 2014

Subprime Quote(s) of the Day (Musical Tribute)

October 24, 2014
Subprime Auto Loan Probe Widens as GM Discloses Subpoenas

We are keeping a close eye on the deterioration,” in subprime auto-loan performance, the New York-based analysts wrote.

This brings me great comfort, much like the calming words of Fitch Ratings analyst Bob Curran from 2005.

April 7, 2005
Home foreclosure listings surged in March

"It may simply reflect our overleveraged society and the fact that people are carrying more debt on everything and it doesn't take a lot to affect a small percentage of them in terms of moving them from homeownership to not," Curran said.

"It's hard to make a case, based on what I see here, that all of a sudden it's become an enormous trend." He said the economy is improving and employment is growing, which bodes well for a homeowner's ability to make mortgage payments.

See? No worries. Let's combine the two quotes. Maximize that tranquility!

We are keeping a close eye on the deterioration!

It may simply reflect our overleveraged society and the fact that people are carrying more debt on everything and it doesn't take a lot to affect a small percentage of them in terms of moving them from car ownership to not!!

It's hard to make a case, based on what I see here, that all of a sudden it's become an enormous trend!!! The economy is improving and employment is growing, which bodes well for a car owner's ability to make auto payments!!!! Mwuhahaha!!!!!

Oops, sorry about that. I was attempting to provide calming words. I may have overdone it with the exclamation points and sarcasm. Please allow me to make it up to you.



I can see clearly now the rain is gone
I can see all obstacles in my way
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind

Relax and enjoy the lyrics of this optimistic song from 1972! Don't let the oil crisis of 1973 enter your thoughts!! It would be hard to make a case, based on what was seen in 1972, that all of a sudden the pain of the 1970s would become an enormous trend!!! Nobody could have seen it coming!!!! Mwuhahaha!!!!!

Oh, crap. I ruined the moment. Sorry. :(

No comments: