Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The Stock Market: What Could Possibly Go Wrong (Again)?

The following chart shows nonfinancial corporation liabilities and equity divided by annual wages and salary accruals.


Click to enlarge.

$38.2 trillion in debt and equity can't be wrong! Back up the frickin' truck! They're practically giving it away! Get your share of it before the next guy does!

Don't let the recent weakness scare you away.



Stay the course. There's nothing to see here.

See Also:
Sarcasm Disclaimer

Source Data:
St. Louis Fed: Custom Chart

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Showed my wife your "One Chart to Rule Them All" chart last night. I'm still impressed.

I can't seem to connect to hoocoodanode.org this morning. Is it just me? Are you having any trouble?

-psychodave

Stagflationary Mark said...

psychodave,

Thanks!

I just tried hoocoodanode. Works for me but I did see a comment there that it was on the fritz.

Fritz_O said...

it was on the fritz

Yep, all the beers you can drink with the interest from your 5-year CD's are on me!

Stagflationary Mark said...

Fritz_O,

Officer: Have you been drinking?
Me: Not really, unless you count the thimble of beer that Fritz_O bought me.
Officer: Filled to the rim?
Me: No. It was more like a beer residue lining the inside of the thimble.
Officer: How big was the thimble?
Me: It was smaller than you might expect. I'd say you could fit 20 of them in a spoon.
Officer: Tablespoon?
Me: Teaspoon.
Officer: Over what time frame did you drink it?
Me: 5 years.
Officer: How did it taste?
Me: It was watered down! I couldn't believe it when the first few molecules hit my taste buds. It seemed like a cruel joke! ;)