Thursday, September 16, 2021

Anecdotal Supply Chain Issues

Bought a narrow white Billy bookcase at the Seattle area Ikea store yesterday. Would have bought it sooner but it has been out of stock. It's been a day. It's already out of stock again. Out of curiosity, I checked the status of their normal white Billy bookcase. It too is out of stock.

Bought a white 5x5 Kallax at Ikea recently. Would have bought it sooner but it had been out of stock. It was also out of stock shortly after I bought it. It's out of stock right now. Once again, out of curiosity, I checked the status of their other white Kallax shelf units.

4x4? Out of stock.
4x3? Out of stock.
4x2? Out of stock.
4x1? Out of stock.
3x3? Out of stock.
2x2? Out of stock.

It's like we're living in a WW2 supply chain disruption movie. Doesn't seem to be getting better yet. The U-Boats are now seemingly hunting allied cargo ships in packs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ron White: I never had much of a vocabulary. In fact, my friend Bob Schneider would still be alive today if I'd known the difference between "antidote" and "anecdote". He got bitten by a copperhead, and I'm telling him funny stories out of Reader's Digest. His head started to swell, I said "This ain't working". He goes, "READ FASTER!!"

Stagflationary Mark said...

Hahaha!

Had this conversation with a close friend in college:

Friend: I don’t believe in astronomy.
Me: You DON’T believe in astronomy?!!
Friend: Oops, astrology. I don’t believe in astrology.

It was so shocking to me. Still traumatizes me 30+ years later. You think you know someone and then they confess that they don’t believe in stars and planets. Said it with such conviction. Knew he wasn’t joking. Messed me up good, lol.