Sunday, August 30, 2015

A Future Angie's Delist in the Making?

August 28, 2015
Google Tests Home-Services Search, Taking on Yelp, Angie’s List

Google Inc. wants to help you find your next plumber or home cleaner.

Angie's List Stock Price

07/13/13: $27.78
08/28/15: $5.21

That's an 81% loss from the 2013 peak.

Angie's List 2014 Annual Report

We have incurred annual net losses each year since inception.

It's not looking too good for Angie's List investors these days. You might consider paying them a membership fee just to write up an "unbiased" review of their performance. Just a thought.

For the record, I have no desire to become a paid member of Angie's List. I wouldn't trust their "reviews you can trust" any more than I would trust the free reviews I can sometimes trust over at Yelp.

What can I say? I'm just not all that trusting, especially around those who make it a point to say that I can trust them (politicians, new car dealers, used car dealers, door-to-door salesmen, telemarketers, asset managers, stock analysts, central bankers, and so on).

Source Data:
Yahoo Finance: ANGI Historical Prices

No comments: