Monday, August 24, 2015

Barclays Joins the Illusion of Prosperity Team!

August 24, 2015
Barclays: Fed unlikely to hike before March 2016

The Federal Reserve's first rate hike will likely occur in March of next year amid financial volatility and uncertainty surrounding growth in emerging markets, according to Barclays.

As some of you might recall, in December of last year I made a prediction, with 80% confidence, that the Fed would not raise rates in 2015. I continue to believe it with 80% confidence.

It's nice to see Barclays finally joining the team. The score is tied at zero. The game is more than half over. Better to join now than wait until midnight of December 31st, because that might tend to look a bit pathetic.

The Fed has the ball with instructions to punt on first downs, second downs, third downs, fourth downs, or any other time the markets are down. Don't ask me how I know their playbook. I don't. I can't read Japanese. I'm simply basing it on being a keen observer of the Fed with decades of observational experience, just like pretty much everyone else on the planet, lol. Sigh.

Hey, I live in the Seattle area. This game will be decided on defense! Punt it Fed! And if the ball ever ends up in your hands again, then immediately punt it again!! Don't risk a fumble!! ;)

No comments: