Monday, November 17, 2014

Ghostbuster Tip of the Day: Don't Cross the Streams!

The following chart shows the 12-month moving average of pharmacy and drug store employment. I have added a parabolic trend channel in red.


Click to enlarge.

Uh, oh. The parabolic streams crossed in 2012.

It's not all bad news. I don't think we had any intention of returning to what's left of the trend channel anyway. As seen in the chart, we are wisely distancing ourselves from the singularity.



There's something very important I forgot to tell you. Don't cross the streams. It would be bad. Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

The future's so bright, I gotta wear ecto goggles.

Gallows humor. Sigh.

Source Data:
BLS: CES Databases

2 comments:

EconomicDisconnect said...

You have been posting up a storm! You feeling better my man?

Stagflationary Mark said...

Hey GYSC!

I am feeling pretty good. There's still a bit of discomfort (from the Shingles back in April), but completely bearable even if it were to last the rest of my life (which I doubt it will). :)

How are you?