Tuesday, November 18, 2014

PPI: I Walk the Line (Musical Tribute)

The following chart shows the producer price index for all commodities. I have added a parabolic trend channel in red and a median (based on the last 3 1/2 years or so) in blue.


Click to enlarge.

Have I mentioned lately that parabolic growth is not sustainable?



When can we expect the 2015 ShadowStats Hyperinflation Report? Since I started this blog in 2007, I sure do look forward to them each and every year! That's especially true now that oil is below $80 again.

ShadowStats: Hyperinflation Special Report

"How has the hyperinflation outlook changed since the Hyperinflation Special Report was published in April 2008?" Such is the most frequently asked question I receive these days.

The answer is that the outlook is little changed...

There are two constants in life!

1. ShadowStats Prediction: Imminent hyperinflation!
2. ShadowStats Subscription Price: $175!

No matter how much we seem to hyperinflate, ShadowStats is still able to keep its costs under control. It's a productivity miracle unmatched in the modern world! Or perhaps they have too much competition and it's forcing prices down? Could there be bloggers out there doing doomsday economic analysis for free? No, that's just crazy talk!

I know I ask this a lot, but too much sarcasm? I'm feeling really vulnerable here! If there is a sarcasm bubble, I sure don't want to be the one who pops it!!

Source Data:
St. Louis Fed: PPI: All Commodities

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, this post made me laugh.

I think you should have done a double-order of sarcasm for this one tho.

Stagflationary Mark said...

Thirsty for even more sarcasm?

I thought there was a ban!!

Judge halts Bloomberg’s large soda ban one day before it's set to go into effect

My bad! I stand constitutionally corrected! ;)