Saturday, September 12, 2015

One Junk Food Product That Will Make You Miss Being a Kid

September 12, 2015
20 Junk Food Products that Will Make You Miss Being a Kid

Well, that list was certainly disappointing. I would not swear under oath that I have eaten any of those products, much less miss them. Seriously.

I Miss: Marathon

When I was a kid there was an amazing candy bar called the Marathon. It was made by Mars and came in a bright red wrapper and was almost ten inches long (the candy was only 8 inches). Inside was a braid of firm caramel covered in chocolate.

Yes! Now we're talking.

That candy bar once tried to kill me. My dad had to perform the Heimlich maneuver to remove the sweet caramel from my throat. No joke. Ah, the element of danger! I also once made the horrible mistake of trying to eat that candy bar while chewing a piece of gum. It formed an unpleasant cement type substance that took a very long time to remove. Life lessons, baby. That's what I'm talking about, lol. Sigh.

That said, I miss what was once my favorite candy bar! If I ever see it on the shelves again, I will definitely be a buyer. Who knows? Might even be able to rip out a few crowns with it! That caramel was especially firm and sticky.

I'm normally not a risk taker these days but a trip down Marathon memory lane would so be worth it! Hahaha! :)

No comments: