Thursday, October 22, 2015

Great News for Yesterday's Panicked Coca-Cola Investors

October 21, 2015
Coca-Cola (KO) Stock Collapses, Foreign Exchange Dents Quarterly Sales, Jim Cramer's Take

NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The Coca-Cola Co. (KO) shares are tumbling 1.4% to $41.70 on Wednesday morning after the beverage maker reported its third quarter fiscal 2015 financial results. Earnings beat, but revenue fell short of estimates.

After yesterday's brutal and unprecedented 1.4% collapse in the price of Coca-Cola stock to $41.70, the company closed today at $43.24. That's a 3.7% rally from yesterday's gut-wrenching panic and represents a true miracle in the face of overwhelming collapsing adversity. Further, the stock now trades within 4% of its 52-week high of $45.00.

In other news, I'm collapsing on the couch right now in sympathy. Please do not call 911 on my behalf. I think I'll manage to pull through once I've played video game or two on my iPhone. I do appreciate your concern though.

Only a sarcastic fool would believe that the Age of Sarcasm has ended. It's just getting started! Hahaha! :)

This is not investment advice. Other than to say that I never pay for Coca-Cola products at anywhere near full price in grocery stores, I am a Coca-Cola stock price agnostic.

4 comments:

dearieme said...

brutal ... collapse ... gut-wrenching panic

It was only one point four bleedin' percent, you great wally, you big girl's blouse, you jessie, you ......

Anonymous said...

Oh, that was my fault. I forgot to buy my daily 12 pack of Coke yesterday. I bought two today.

Sorry about that...

Stagflationary Mark said...

dearieme,

Never saw anything like it! Reminds me of the time that the winds picked up to 5 mph or so just as the drizzle started to fall. I could have been killed!

Stagflationary Mark said...

Anonymous,

Shame on you for not spreading those purchases out evenly! If you buy one can every two hours you might end up paying more, but think of the financial stability that Coca-Cola's shareholders will have. Do it for their children and their childrens' children! ;)