Thursday, October 1, 2015

Sweet Sixteen

I got my very first mobile phone (iPhone) back in January.

Today marks a new milestone. I just blocked my 16th caller! Woohoo! I feel all grown up now!

I thought I would take this opportunity to share a tip for other newbies about to get their first mobile phone.

Never, under any circumstances, share your number with anyone other than friends or family.

I never did. Think where I'd be now if I had!

Incoming call... 7:30am this morning... didn't recognize it... Bam!... You're blocked!!

Didn't even have to give it a second thought!

The receptionist at my dentist saw me browsing the Internet in the waiting room recently, came over to me, and asked if he could update their records with my mobile phone number. I said I'd really prefer not. That's my very friendly way of saying that he could pry the phone number from my cold, dead fingers, lol. Sigh.

See what you've done Congress? Your Do Not Call list is a complete joke! This is what semi-rational people do when all else fails!

And lastly, guess who I least want to have my phone number heading into 2016? I'll give you a hint. It rhymes with erection! I can just feel the wave of political calls trying to get all up in my business. I'll pass, thank you very much. They excluded themselves from the Do Not Call list! Is that really what the American public wants?

Congressional asswipes, baby. That's what I'm talking about.

No comments: