Sunday, October 11, 2015

The Sarcasm Report v.248

October 11, 2015
Don't even think of being a tech VC if you're over age 48

What will happen if I think about it?

VCs are at their prime before the age of 47 or 48, according to a study...

This is bad news for me since I'm the age of 50 or 51.

“Almost 85 to 90 percent of all series A and series B successful outcomes have always been done by a venture capitalist under the age of 47 to 48,” Palihapitiya said.

Ah, some good news. I'm "almost" aged 0 to 48. I have "always been" able to say that with "almost" 85 to 90 percent confidence.

Lies, damned lies, and statistics, baby. That's what I'm talking about.

In all seriousness, what's up with the fuzzy numbers? Is this National Obfuscate the Statistics Month? Imagine if you were driving on the highway and saw a sign that said:

Speed Limit
47 mph or 48 mph
Almost 85 to 90 Percent Chance
Always Been That Way

I can't speak for you, but I'd get the f^*k out of that state ASAP! ;)

No comments: