Saturday, July 25, 2015

Quote of the Day

July 24, 2015
Newsweek: Why Europe Is Drowning Beneath a Tidal Wave of Debt

Arguably, then, Greece is not drowning in debt. It has already drowned. It may seem fanciful to suggest that other countries could be in danger of a similar fate, but equally, it is probably dangerous to assume that Greece is unique: a spectacle we can observe from a safe distance with a mixture of voyeurism and horror.

I would never attempt to observe the spectacle in Greece from a safe distance with a mixture of voyeurism and horror! Never!

That said, I am generally risk averse, my favorite movie of all time is Alien, and I like to watch. Okay, who brought the popcorn? ;)

Ripley: Ash, that transmission... Mother's deciphered part of it. It doesn't look like an S.O.S.
Ash: What is it, then?
Ripley: Well, I... it looks like a warning. I'm gonna go out after them.
Ash: What's the point? I mean by the, the time it takes to get there, you'll... they'll know if it's a warning or not, yes?


Shame on me! Bad Mark! Bad! Bad!

No comments: